Segues

Posted by guest blogger, Sister Sarah Hennessey My dad taught me the subtle art of segues.  As a child I would sit in his lap and watch him transition smoothly from one song to another as a volunteer radio disc jockey.  Sliding the controls with his strong hands brought the rhythms of one jazzy beatContinue reading “Segues”

Joseph’s dreams and the meaning of life

When the magi had departed, behold, the angel of the Lord appeared to Joseph in a dream and said, “Rise, take the child and his mother, flee to Egypt, and stay there until I tell you. Herod is going to search for the child to destroy him.” Joseph rose and took the child and hisContinue reading “Joseph’s dreams and the meaning of life”

Yo Soy Una Guadalupana (I Am A Guadalupana)

Posted by guest blogger, Sister Sarah Hennessey A Story of Marta “I’m nervous because I’m here illegally.” Marta held out her arm for a blood pressure check. The nurse in the free clinic and I quickly reassured her that everything was confidential and she had nothing to fear. Marta continued, “I’m nervous because I am illegalContinue reading “Yo Soy Una Guadalupana (I Am A Guadalupana)”

breaking up with Jesus is hard to do

“Lo, the day is coming, blazing like an oven, when all the proud and all evildoers will be stubble, and the day that is coming will set them on fire…”  – Malachi 3:19 “… they will seize and persecute you, they will hand you over to the synagogues and to prisons, and they will haveContinue reading “breaking up with Jesus is hard to do”